[techtalk] don't beat me up(:

Anne Forker aforker at ipfb.net
Sun Jun 18 10:01:28 EST 2000

Hi,

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Jeff Frasca wrote:

> Just to pick a nit, class A, B, and C address are all valid, however,
> you are probably thinking of the reserved ranges within those classes.
>
> Class A IP Addresses run from 0.0.0.0-127.255.255.255

I think class A is merely the range 1.x.x.x - 126.x.x.x, since 0.0.0.0
covers all IP addresses of all classes and 127.x.x.x is reserved too.

wirren, I would try to figure out whether you still have permission to use
http (if there is just the proxy and no firewall denying http connections
from your machine's IP address) by disabling the proxy settings.

-- Anne