[techtalk] problems with VI

Nicoya Helm nicoya at birch.net
Fri Jun 16 10:12:28 EST 2000

Any idea why the following is happening?  When I'm in vi and I do a
forward search, in the past I've always been able to repeat past
searches by typing "/" then the up arrow.  However, the other day I
switched from ksh to zsh. Now when I try to repeat past searches,
instead of recalling a previous string, up arrow inserts capital
A,B,C,D, etc into my document. Talk about annoying!  It didn't start
doing it till I switched shells, so I thought it might be related. (I
haven't tried switching back to see if that's it,
though.)

~~~Nicoya...