[techtalk] mass useradd

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu Jun 15 23:27:50 EST 2000

Marie Fischer wrote:

> > Is there a built-in linux command to do this, or does anyone know of a good
> > script?
> hm, this really belongs in a faq ... i'm sure we've had this question
> before though i can't find it in the archives right now (argh. why aren't
> they searchable?)

Added as a question to the not-yet-complete FAQ. If anyone has a
_tested_
shell or Perl script to do it, please pass that on.

I admit, until Marie's comment about this belonging in the FAQ, I just
skipped
over it! So if the untested-script that someone-whose-name-I-missed
works, please email the script and the 'it works' to me for inclusion in
the FAQ.

(Laurel, I'm not trying to usurp your FAQ here. Just to catch
particularly relevent questions and answers as they happen...)

Jenn V.
LC FAQ coordinator.

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman
http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/