[techtalk] mass useradd

Brian Sweeney bsweeney at mail.veinc.com
Thu Jun 15 10:57:36 EST 2000

Hello all-

Haven't been on the list in a while...hope everyone's doing well in their
endeavors.  I have what I hope is a quick question.  I would like to know if
there's a way (possible using perl/expect?) to add multiple users from a
text file list all simultaneously.   I figure I could either put the
usernames and passwords in one file (deliminating them with commas, spaces,
tabs, <CR>, whatever), or put the username list in one file and the password
list in another.

ex.
User-pass-file.txt
------------------
Brian		f8lhwlv
Jeff		3jfh0w0
Tom		20jflwp

	OR

User-file.txt
-------------
Brian
Jeff
Tom

Password-file.txt
f8lhwlv
3jfh0w0
20jflwp

Is there a built-in linux command to do this, or does anyone know of a good
script?

Thanks,
Brian

PS-I'm just now about to check out the Crimson Lust site...we'll see how it
turns out...=)