[techtalk] Apache access.conf help

Stephanie Alarcon beleza at bci-bluestone.com
Tue Jun 13 00:19:33 EST 2000

in httpd.conf, starting on line 369 in my vanilla, untouched
file, there is a section that starts with <Directory /> and one of the
things listed underneath is "AllowOverride None".  I think that is the
offending piece of lint that is keeping your passwording from
working...

ok, I found it:

http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride

you can have no passwording directives recognized, all recognized, or a
select few.