[techtalk] Text Color/Blinking

Fan, Laurel Laurel.Fan at compaq.com
Mon Jun 12 14:37:59 EST 2000

Phil Savoie, Phil.Savoie at learnix.ca, said:
> I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to how to make text in an
> /etc/issue file a different colour than the norm.  Also, I
> would like to make it blink as well.  Any thoughts?

If the issue file is going to be viewed by reasonably vt-100/ansi-fied
terminals (like the linux console, most xterm-likes, some other-os
telnet programs), you can do this with the appropriate escape codes.
There are probably several lists out there, one is:
http://www.csee.wvu.edu/~heckman/ansi_col.html
(in emacs, one can generate escape (^[) with C-q ESC)