[techtalk] Re: Two questions

JoAnne Abbott joabb at uswest.net
Wed Jun 7 21:28:38 EST 2000

From: "Bilal Muddassir" <bilalmuddassir at hotmail.com>
To: techtalk at linuxchix.org
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:41:01 PKT
Subject: [techtalk] two questions

my triton chipset based motherboard has an older bios and it supported my
new 15gb disk. thats good.

it reports the two quantum fireball disks as udma 2 (older) and udma 4
(newer) featured

1. running redhat 6.1 (or any other dist) does linux detect and initialize
udma on the disks by default?

2. on the 15gb disk i plan to start the root partition from the 10gb mark
because on the first 10gb the 'other' os is installed. how to boot this
partition as lilo might find it hard to boot.

thanks

I don't know if this will help but Mandrake just came out with 7.1 distro
and they say it overcomes the 1024 limit of LILO
JoAnne Abbott   C.E.T