[techtalk] strangeness...

wirren wirren at golden.net
Mon Jun 5 14:27:49 EST 2000

Hey there.. I had a strange and ironic thing happen to me today. I went back
through the techtalks digests that I had saved in search of the 'how to' for
connecting linux up to the internet... I printed it off and as I was booting up
redhat, during the boot up process, with no prompting from me, my computer
started trying to dial out. Now the really strange thing is that it was dialing
a number of some kind, but I had *NEVER* put anything into it. It continued to
try and connect to this phantom number as it was booting up, as I logged in, as
I went into x-windows...

It has never done this before. The only different thing that has happened was a
brief trip to the shop to get a dud power supply replaced... (btw. for some
reasons the doofuses disconnected my d: drive and now I can't run cd roms...)

~ wirren