[techtalk] wvdial problem

Cat Pooka xatharina at mailcity.com
Sat Jun 3 01:42:59 EST 2000

So, I'm new to the Linux groove, but I'm enjoying learning.  For those curious, I worked with one of the free distributions off the net (I don't remember which, my bad) until I saw a SuSe box for $30 with all the software I could ever need.  (Including MySQL and the WordStar apps which claim to be completely compatible with the MS Office suite, which is good if I ever want to work from home.)

Here's a question.  I'm using the wvdial function to connect, but if I'm browsing and stop for more than 10 minutes on a single site (like when reading longish linuxchix posts about gun control) I am automatically disconnected.  Is there an easy way to either a) disable the auto disconnect feature or b)extend that to a more reasonable time constraint (20-30 minutes would be fine).

It's not a big deal when reading information, but I'm planning on looking for a new job
<shameless plug>
in the New Brunswick, NJ area as a tech writer
</shamless plug>
and am concerned that I'll spend twenty minutes filling out an on-line job form, only to have it malfunction when I try to post it because the connection was disconnected.

Any help would be great.

-Xatharina

Send FREE Greetings for Father's Day--or any day!
Click here: http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/fathers_day.rdct