[techtalk] Removing spaces form Windows File names

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Thu Jun 1 12:36:43 EST 2000

karina.hould at autodesk.com said:
> No not those windows specific directories... all my DOC's etc... like
> I want windows specific stuff on my system, that would be similar to
> hitting my head against the wall and well.. I am not into self
> destruction

In that case, go ahead.  That convoluted command that I gave you ought to do
the trick.  You said that sed complained about something.  Copy the stuff you
want onto your Linux filesystem (cp -R or the Gnome equivalent for whole
directories) and run that command, making sure it's all one line (someone's
mailer split it across two lines, and that may have caused the problem).

If it doesn't work, let me know what happened, and I'll see about fixing it.

				Jeff