[techtalk] Kernel Compile errors for 2.2.16

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Sun Jul 30 19:25:46 EST 2000

On  0, Telsa Gwynne <hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 10:57:33AM -0400 or thereabouts, Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to compile the kernel 2.2.16.
> > I have turned off "sound" menu items, because I plan to use OSS sound
> > driver.
>
> Not that I know this, but I know a man who does...
>
> You need ACI-mixer (part of the sound stuff) if you are building this MIRO
> pcm 20 thing. Hence your error message:
>
> > In file included from radio-miropcm20.c:13:
> > ../sound/lowlevel/miroaci.h:9: #error Compiling a driver that needs the
> > ACI-mixer but without ACI-mixer support
>
> No clue why you need it, but apparently you do! (If you want this radio
> thingy, at least.)
>
> Telsa

Thanks for replying! The problem was with Video4Linux module. After disabling that
module, the compilation went smoothly. This module was including some low level sound
drivers, which was causing the errors.

--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com