[techtalk] mouse problem

Lotta Loytonen lotta at infa.abo.fi
Wed Jul 26 11:23:54 EST 2000

Hi!

I have a classic Logitech 3-button PS/2 mouse, no wheels or anything,
and I can't get the middle button to work under linux. Can anyone help
me? It's my work machine so I don't want to experiment too much with
it as someone would probably start saying that I'd be more effective
with NT. It's a standard up-to-date Debian Potato system. The
thing is that I'm not sure which protocol to use, thought it was ps/2
but when I choose that the mouse just freezes. Now it's using some
Microsoft mouse protocol and works fine except that I have to use
Emulate 3 buttons to paste. (Have configured it with XF86Setup). My
work includes a lot of pasting on the command line so I'd really want
to fix this before anything dreadful happens. Loads of thanks in
advance!

Lotta