[techtalk] Compiling C program

Muralidhara N murali_dhara at chequemail.com
Fri Jul 21 13:32:41 EST 2000

Respected techtalk users,

    I am user of linux since from 15 months but i am new to administaration. I installed 6.2 version of RedHat Linux in my system along with X-window. It is working pretty good.

    My problem is that if compile a c program. It compile the program but it is not executable, that results in a.out not found at /bin/bash.

    I did lot of exercise but even though the result was zero.

   1. changed the mode of the program to 755.
   2. make configure at /usr/src/linux a.out binaries
   3. checked the path also
   4. perl program are executable(working well) but not       c

Please help me to solve this problem.

looking forward
murali

Chequemail.com - a free web based e-mail service that also pays!!!
http://www.chequemail.com