[techtalk] Debian and DHCP

curious curious at curious.org
Thu Jul 13 13:19:23 EST 2000

actualy to get a dhcp address is as simple as typing dhcpcd as root
(you don't need to init the interface dhcpcd will do it for you)
you should already have a dhcpcd rc file ready to simlink into your run
level if you want it to init dhcpcd on bootup

since I work in so many diffrent environments with my laptop I don't
normaly have my network card init by it's self.. I have a collection of
scripts that I run based on the network I'm connecting to..

for more information check out the dhcpcd man page it's full of nifty
switches :)

 \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign      curious at curious.org
  X   - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail     http://www.curious.org/
 / \  - NO Word docs in e-mail    "This quote is false." -anon