[techtalk] A Postscript question

Amanda Owens amowens at radonc.duke.edu
Thu Jul 13 14:19:34 EST 2000

I have minimal experience with postscript... scripting - all the
postscript files I've created have been generated by other programs (word
processors, the GIMP, etc). I have some exposure to the... language? but
not much. I have a book and I've been hunting the web to see if there's
any information on how to do what my boss wants me to do - or if it can
even be done - but I haven't found anything yet. So I thought I'd ask
around here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

I have a photo that started out as a jpg or gif or something, but has been
turned (via gimp or xv) into a .ps file. What my boss wants me to do is
now edit that postscript file, and insert some lines and text. Is it
possible? If so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Mur!