[techtalk] pppd question...

Anne Forker aforker at ipfb.net
Sat Jul 8 09:12:41 EST 2000

Hi Megan,

(reply to the list because it's of general interest ;-))

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Megan McGuire wrote:

> Ok, im not really good with  knowing files and stuff on linux yet, so which
> file would I have to edit to del the # and which line.... can you give me a
> lil more help please.

ok, no prob ... have a look at the messages file with

$ less /var/log/messages

The "End" key takes you to the end of this file, searching is done with

/word-to-search

(as in vim, btw).

The configuration of pppd is saved in /etc/ppp/options. The second or
third line is

# passive

-- just take the # and the space away. :-) Thus you put your pppd to
passive mode.

Please tell me if it solved your problem.

-- Anne

--
Anne Forker    --     aforker at ipfb.net     --    ICQ: 17699654
registered Linux user #134989     (see: http://counter.li.org)