[techtalk] login restriction

Aaron Malone aaron at mancala.semo.net
Fri Jul 7 16:58:06 EST 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 04:45:02PM -0500, Aaron Malone wrote:
> Incidentally, does the /etc/security/access.conf thing work with ssh?
> I just tried disabling my access to our mail server, but it still let
> me in.  I didn't spend much time on the docs, maybe I did it wrong. :)

To answer my own question, it seems /etc/security/access.conf and its
brethren (sisthren?) are a PAM component.  AFAIK, ssh doesn't use PAM,
so access.conf is useless for restricting SSH logins.

--
Aaron Malone (aaron at semo.net)
System Administrator                "We learn from history that we learn