[techtalk] Oracle info

Mike Salib mike at salib.com
Tue Jul 4 19:51:06 EST 2000

Becky,
Here's my info sources for oracle and db stuff in general. Mostly stuff
from Phil Greenspun, but thats just cause I like the pictures.

Data Wharehousing for Cavemen:
http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/data-warehousing

SQL for web nerds:
http://www.arsdigita.com/books/sql/

All the oracle docs:
http://oradoc.photo.net/ora816/products.htm

Oracle Tips:
http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/oracle-tips

-mike, the recently delurked skirt wearing barefoot living linux loving
database wannabe guy.

>Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:34:01 -0400 (EDT)
>From: "Becky L. Norum" <bnorum at coe.neu.edu>
>To: techtalk at linuxchix.org
>Subject: [techtalk] ? re Oracle/SQLPlus
>
>I'm trying to teach myself something about Oracle for school.  I've
>started working with the book Oracle8 Programming: A Primer by
>Sunderraman, which seems prety descriptive and good.  However, I'm
having
>a couple of problems/questions that I just cannot seem to find answers
for
>anywhere:
>
>- how does one show the primary and foreign keys and the referential
>constraints for tables?
>

>- is there any very BASIC resource that you could recommend that would
>serve as a primer for the structure/organization of Oracle on a UNIX
>system?  Most of the guides out there seem to be for professional
DBAs/ppl