[techtalk] How do I get rid of login screen

aprilk aprilk at linuxstart.com
Mon Jan 31 18:49:40 EST 2000

Davida Schiff <dschiff at entrypoint.com> wrote:
>Hi Karl,
It just seems like Linux should be able to boot right
>into GNOME's desktop the way (forgive me) Windows 3.10 does. Hope everyone's
>weekend was wonderful.
>
>Davida

I just thought of something, If you can get it to do an autologin for a user in textmode, then you can use I think .profile (?) to startx and .xinitrc to start what is wanted. That might work as well and you won't have to setup xdm or kdm or whatever. Its been awhile since I peeked at those files in the home directory so check.

April