[techtalk] Desperately Seeking the Clipboard

Tamara Thompson thompson at gate.sunquest.com
Mon Jan 31 14:56:14 EST 2000

I am using WindowMaker instead of KDE, but this may be the same---

I highlight text (left mouse button) , then move the cursor to the window I want to paste to, and click both mouse buttons simultaneously.  (the file to vi is already open and in insert mode)

This may depend more on the type of mouse you have...

It is humbling, this learning business, isn't it?

Tamara

>>> "C.E.Lestyna" <celestyna at velvetapocalypse.com> 01/31 12:36 PM >>>
Fun abounds...
Using KDE on RH 6.0
Where exactly is my cutting and pasting being stored? We're talking the
systemwide cut-n-paste... Para exemplo: copy something I found on a
webpage using netscape and pasting it in vi.  Where is it reading this
data from?

The more I know, the more I know I *dont* know,
Cel