[techtalk] Mail Server Problems pls. Help

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Sat Jan 29 01:03:36 EST 2000

Typing

	host -t mx ip-solutions.net

shows the following result

ip-solutions.net	MX	10 pony.ip-solutions.net
 !!! ip-solutions.net MX host pony.ip-solutions.net is not canonical

So I'd suggest that your mailer is doing the Right Thing and complaining
about the lack of _correct_ MX records. Pony CNAMES to ip-solutions.net.
Everything on the right hand side of an MX record should be an A-record.

I'm about to say 'read the manual' because I don't know how to fill in MX
records utterly properly myself, so: read the bat book. :) Or the RFCs.

Jenn V.
--
  Humans are the only species to feed and house entirely separate species
     for no reason other than the pleasure of their company. Why?

jenn at simegen.com        Jenn Vesperman        http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/