[techtalk] netscape and javascript problem

Esther Lumsdon esther at pagesz.net
Thu Jan 27 13:41:23 EST 2000

This is a problem I'm having at work.

netscape 4.5 and later under linux and netscape have this problem
when attempting to upload a file to the company website.  The
website is programmed in javascript 1.2 (this part of it).
netscape makes a call to oldselect() with a timeout of 86400 sec
(24 hours), and hangs forever.  I tried letting it wait for that
long under Solaris, and it kept hanging.  Under solaris, the last
thing is a call to poll() with a timeout of 86400 seconds.

Is there a mailing list for linux programming problems? or
netscape support?

Thanks,
Esther Lumsdon  (who is waiting for 20.3 inches of snow to melt, still)

--  Esther   esther at pagesz.net    Speaking only for myself.
Tomorrow, we shall be older,  ...but shall we be wiser?  -- Joan Walsh Anglund