[techtalk] Newbie question

Tarah Hofmann tarah at optimiz.com
Mon Jan 24 15:46:48 EST 2000

I connect successfully to my ISP using kppp but whenever I try to do
anything
with Netscape I can't get a name resolution.
Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Any sugesstions would be appreciated.
<snip>

Sally -
	Maybe you already tried this, but since I used to work at an ISP, I'll give
my advice :)  What the online guide is probably referring to is a name
server on your machine.  You don't need one on your PC, since your ISP has
one - see if you can get their DNS IP number(s) from them and try putting
those numbers in your script.  Ugh, too many acronyms in that last sentence!

Hope I'm not too far off,
Tarah
Tarah Hofmann (tarah at optimiz.com)
Network and Web Site Administrator