[techtalk] ipchains logs and nmap audit (fwd)

Beverly Guillermo mezanin at home.com
Sun Jan 23 01:37:02 EST 2000

I was looking at the ipchains manpage and I got this about the option that
you're using.

       -l, --log
              Turn  on  kernel logging of matching packets.  When
              this option is set for a  rule,  the  Linux  kernel
              will print some information of all matching packets
              (like most IP header fields) via printk().

What exactly is printk()?  I haven't found any information about that
particular function.

Beverly

bguill at home.com			  http://members.home.com/bguill/