[techtalk] Monitor Size

Ian Phillips ianp at tibco.com
Fri Jan 21 09:58:21 EST 2000

> > Don't bother getting into fights with salesmen over it - just use it
> > so you're comparing apples to apples.

> This shouldn't be happening anymore, at least in the US; there was a
> -massive- consumer fraud suit filed against virtually the entire
> industry by something like 37 state attorneys general and a settlement

In adverts at least you usually see monitors advertised as, say, 21" and then in the small print it says something like "actual viewable size 19.7"". I think I've seen this in US mags as well.

Ian.

#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.
#endif                    | www.TIBCO.com