[techtalk] Windows ssh clients

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Mon Jan 17 20:56:53 EST 2000

Subba Rao wrote:

> What are some ssh clients available for Windows platforms? Where can I find them?

SecureCRT: http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/index.html

F-Secure (the best one I've seen so far... lots of products other than
just an SSH client): http://www.datafellows.com/f-secure/

F-Secure has "try it" and "buy it" versions. SecureCRT appears to also
though I don't see any info on shareware-ness on the download page.

Tera Term has an SSH version, too. Apparently it's just an extension
DLL.
extension: http://www.zip.com.au/~roca/ttssh.html
Tera Term itself I'm sure you can find on tucows or download.com or
something like that. There are some universities with download sites
that have the SSH component already in them (found one or two searching
on yahoo).

I'm sure there are others, these are just the most common two I've seen
that work well.

Tucows only found "ZOC (Zap-O-Comm)" when searching for "ssh" in it's
terminals section. http://tucows.holler.net/term95.html#zoc (that's a
local to me mirror... if you have a closer mirror everything is the same
except the server).

> Is there an HOWTO document for setting up SSH server and SSH clients?

I'm sure there is. Check http://www.linux.org --> support --> howtos.
Might also try the faqs :o)

-nicole