[techtalk] where do I put a module to have it come up at boottime?

Samantha Atkins samantha at objectent.com
Sun Jan 16 23:15:19 EST 2000

moebius at ip-solutions.net wrote:

> Hey Samatha,
>   Check out /etc/conf.modules to tell the system what to load and  take a
> look at rc.sysinit. You'll see the loading there.

I checked out /etc/conf.modules on a machine that has the scsi driver loading
and it just had an alias line for the scsi driver which I put into the new
machine also.  That didn't do the trick.  That file is actually very short so it
can't be telling the system most of the modules to load, can it?  I looked at
rc.sysinit.  The only mention it makes of scsi is some special handling for scsi
tape drives.  Are you suggesting something should be added to this file?  If so
could I have a hint or two as to what?

- samantha