[techtalk] Partial execution of /etc/rc.d/rc.M

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Sat Jan 15 22:28:41 EST 2000

During the system bootup, the init script /etc/rc.d/rc.M is partially executed.
The last 3rd of the file does not get executed. When I run those remaining commands
manually, they work fine. Why is that happening?

Assuming there are some hidden characters in the rc.M file, I deleted the problem
portion of the file, and retyped them. That did not help either. If there are some
hidden characters in a text file, how do I find them out?

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com