[techtalk] Which PGP?

Nils Philippsen nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Jan 13 21:23:45 EST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Subba Rao wrote:

> On  0, Nils Philippsen <nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de> wrote:
> > I wouldn't use the "original" PGP as it has a pretty dumb license and this
> > backdoor crap. I use the GNU Privacy Guard (www.gnupg.org) and am content
> > with it so far.
> >
> > Nils
> >

> Thanks for replying. Is GNU PG easy to use?

>From the command line as easy as or easier than PGP. There are numerous
tools most of which are called "pgp4pine" to confuse us :-) which will
incorporate PGP or GnuPG into pine for example or another mailer which can
filter through pipes.

Nils
--
 Nils Philippsen / Berliner Straße 39 / D-71229 Leonberg // +49.7152.209647
nils at wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de / nils at fht-esslingen.de / nils at redhat.de