[techtalk] Monitor Size

Jamie Walker jj.walker at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 14 10:10:21 EST 2000

"Jenn V." wrote:

> As for the original question: go to shops. Look at monitors. The only
> person with your eyes is you, and what's perfectly acceptable to me can be
> absolutely useless to someone else. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Unfortunately if you _really_ want to see what you're getting, you'll
probably need to take your video card as well :-)

I only have a 15" Philips monitor (very nice by 15" standards, but still
only 15") and thought it was the limiting factor. Then I bought myself a
new TNT2 card and the improvement in visual quality was _very_
noticeable. It's no good seeing your monitor in the shop if the shop has
a much better video card than you do :-)

Work: jj.walker at auckland.ac.nz	Home: jamiew at clear.net.nz
 ICQ: 5632563			or shout loudly