[techtalk] Monitor Size

J B griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:54:48 EST 2000

Also...most of the larger monitors will tell you exactly wht the viewable
area of the CRT is.  (I have yet to figure out why a 15" LCD has a 14"
viewable)  Average is...21"- from 18.5"-19", 19" has 18", 17" has 15.7-16",
15" has 13.4-14"   Hope this helps...

But, as stated, you are the one that has to live with it.  Find one you
like, and go for it...
Carry a tape measure. Measure them yourself - they did this at my husband's
work one day, and found a massive disparity in size-of-usable-screen
between two allegedly 21" monitors. Neither of which was 21"
corner-to-corner of usable screen.

Don't bother getting into fights with salesmen over it - just use it so
you're comparing apples to apples.