[techtalk] TNT/TNT2 drivers / X server

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 6 03:01:25 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Jan-100 [techtalk] TNT/TNT2 drivers.. by
coder at mindspring.com
> Anyone ever use the TNT/TNT2 cards under linux with the modified XFree86
> server and OpenGL ?

Yeah, I'm using a TNT2 with the binary dist from nvidia.

> Im looking for a compiled server or code / patch and perhaps a FAQ or
> HOWTO.

I believe the newest XFree86 (3.3.5, i think) supports TNT/TNT2.  This
would probably be the best solution currently.

> Not having much luck, and Riva appears to have pulled their driver code
> for a while for some reason..

I went back to where I got it, and it appears not to contain the drivers
any longer.  I've got X-GLX-glibc-i386 here, so I can put it up
somewhere for you if you can't get anything else to work.