[techtalk] Other OSes on a Linux box

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 3 22:19:55 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 3-Jan-100 Re: [techtalk] Other OSes o.. by
Kelly Lynn Martin at povert
> If you have any "nongeneric" hardware expect problems.

It couldn't hurt to ask the specific vendor(s) you're interested in
about win* compatibility or at least detailed hardware lists.
>From what I've seen, VA and Penguin do use pretty common hardware
(they're not really big enough to do a lot of custom stuff), which would
allow you to download drivers from the web if they're not provided.
OTOH, the existence of a driver doesn't mean it'll necessarily work,
especially with windows..
#include <obligatory_windows_flame>
#include <obligatory_closed_source_driver_flame>