[techtalk] Gnome applets in blackbox?

Aaron Malone aaron at mancala.semo.net
Sat Jan 1 02:19:19 EST 2000

On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 06:02:19AM +0100, Sunnanvind wrote:
> > as far as i know, blackbox will run any x software,   i use blackbox and i
> > run KDE and Enlightenment software,  and i have accidently started the gnome
> > panel in blackbox before..
>
> Yeah, but I mean like, run 'em in the black box slit instead of running 'em in
> a gnome-panel.

Nope.  Panel applets will only run in the panel, and in fact (/me verifies
this) will start the panel if you run one without the panel running.  The
GNOME windowmanager spec is currently being revised, and Brad (the developer
of blackbox) is on the team, so perhaps this may be possible in the future.

--
Aaron Malone (aaron at semo.net)
System Administrator