[techtalk] FrameMaker

Shirrell shirrell at pstat.com
Sat Feb 26 12:36:31 EST 2000

"lady crowe" <ladycrowe at hotmail.com> wrote:

> mwahahaha... now for the newbie questions...
> what is it used for?

We have used Frame on Sun and PC's for ten years or more.  It is
a wonderful publishing tool -- overkill for letters and such but for books,
manuals -- big things which you want to index and cross index -- it
does a great job.  The image on the screen is WYSIWYG and with a
laser printer you get very good originals.

Our documentation is now 9 volumes plus a
cross index -- all in .pdf (Acrobat) format.  It is easy to
update and maintain and easy to use -- click an index item and
it opens the volume and moves directly to the page you want.

It is expensive and I suppose Adobe will sock a charge on to
the licenses when the beta period is over.

Shirrell
sb at pstat.com