[techtalk] Soft power and SuSE?

Shad Young shad at review-guru.com
Wed Feb 23 12:49:44 EST 2000

Look for the section pertaining to DPMS and power managment. Compile in
the software power off option.

It should be already compiled in the Distro's Kernel. If the computer is
not shutting down properly you may need to flash the bios. Some Award
bioses require an update to use the ATX power options in linux even
though it works fine in Windows.

I recommend that you upgrade the Kernel source to the latest virgin
kernel from kernel.org. 2.2.10 and 2.2.13 have a couple of bugs.

Shad

--
"Fear is the foundation of obedience." Vladimir Lenin
"Without fanaticism one cannot accomplish anything." Evita Peron