[techtalk] vm?!? <perks up>

Robert Kiesling kiesling at mainmatter.com
Tue Feb 22 10:10:10 EST 2000

> I miss vm terribly!  It was installed at GNU (yes, I know rms doesn't
> support it) but it is *MUCH* better than rmail and I am dying in elm.
> Where can I get the sources?  I want it on my home system!
>
> ..Tami
>  .signature: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected

I'm not sure why RMS didn't support it officially; perhaps because it
uses RMAIL mode for its foundation functions, or perhaps because of
the way that Xemacs hogs the X server to display the bitmaps.  In any
event, I've had experiences of VM munging mail when using both VM and
Gnus; but of course, ymmv.  The home page of VM 6.75, the version
I have, is http://www.wonderworks.com/.