[techtalk] strange mail behavior

Shad Young shad at review-guru.com
Sun Feb 20 21:55:40 EST 2000

Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Also, I am using Netscape 4.7 Communicator for email.  Does anyone know
> if it has a habit of sometimes losing mail?  I tried using kmail but it
> is pretty primitive (at least before KDE2.0) and has some strange
> behavior of its own.

I have used evey version of Netscape since 3.0 in Linux. I have never
had a mail error due to it. I use the 4.7 final package from
Mandrakesoft for all my RH based WS's. Some versions are a little buggy,
and the version for Red Hat 6.1 is flakey to say the least. If it bugged
out during a message trasnfer, I guess it could loose a piece of mail,
but usually the files are never removed from a server until the remote
has sent a confirmation of reciept.

Shad

--
"Fear is the foundation of obedience." Vladimir Lenin
"Without fanaticism one cannot accomplish anything." Evita Peron