[techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

Dan McGarry dmcgarry at moodindigo.com
Sun Feb 20 20:49:48 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Caitlyn M. Martin <caitlyn at netferrets.net>
To: <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2000 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

> KMail meets the above requirements.  You'll need to install QT and some of
> KDE to make it run, but you can use it under Gnome.

Thanks, Caitlyn, I'll take a look.

> The only reason I don't use it for my main mail account (this one) is that
> it doesn't support HTML messages, and people keep thinking that everyone
> lives in a Microsoft or Netscape world and keeps sending me hateful,
> bandwidth chomping messages with their ideas of pretty formatting.  Yuck!

Wow, I'd consider lack of HTML support a feature! I think if I can work up
procmail to strip all the pretty formatting from the messages (or if they're
particularly rococo in their formatting, /dev/null them), then be guaranteed
that these monstrosities will only be displayed as text/plain, I'll be happy
as a pig in, uh... mud.

Regards,
--
Dan McGarry