[techtalk] Differences between linux distributions

Dan Nguyen nguyend7 at cse.msu.edu
Sun Feb 20 00:36:43 EST 2000

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 09:39:20PM -0500, Tania M. Morell wrote:
> I've used Berkeley unix and SunOS for years at my university but not
> linux. I use Mandrake at work and RedHat intermittently at home but I've
> yet to understand the differences between them..  Maybe I haven't used
> them long enough to figure it out, or maybe I'm stupid.

One reason you have seen little difference between Mandrake and RH is
because Mandrake was orginally based on RH.  Mandrake 7 is much more
different than RH, noticably it's install.

--
       Dan Nguyen          | It is with true love as it is with ghosts;
    nguyend7 at msu.edu       | everyone talks of it, but few have seen it.