[techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 08:00:16 EST 2000

#if Dan McGarry

> This brings up a very important (to me) point: I like to keep *all* my
> messages, and I'd love to be able to access them programmtically in the
> future, in order to process and index them, then write a search interface
> for them.

Well if you use a mail client that supports Maildir, you can access
them with shell scripts because they're all in separate files.

Also, there are a couple of libraries available for message parsing.
c-client is one. mimelib another (C++) and librmm another (Qt).

BTW, librmm is used in Empath and in the new version of kexpress.
I included it cos I wrote it ;)

Rik

--
Float globally, frame locally.