[techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

Dan McGarry dmcgarry at moodindigo.com
Sat Feb 19 01:46:59 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Kiesling <kiesling at mainmatter.com>
To: <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Cc: <techtalk at linuxchix.org>
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2000 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: [techtalk] X Mail client recommendations

> I wrote an article recently comparing the readily-available E-mail
> clients for Linux. If you want an integrated environment, look at
> KDE's Kmail or Star Office.  If you don't mind the user interface,
> then Emacs's VM or Gnus lisp packages are both very good, although
> Gnus is a pain to set up.

Thanks, Robert. I use EMACS all the time as my editor, but lisp is not one
of my favourite HLLs (!!*), so I've avoided any more than the simplest
customizations. Could you point me to some decent documentation on VM,
please?

[* I know: I'm just one big contradiction wrapped in human skin....]

TIA,

--
Dan McGarry
http://www.moodindigo.com/