[techtalk] Address Stealing

moebius at ip-solutions.net moebius at ip-solutions.net
Thu Feb 17 21:01:27 EST 2000

Hey Davida,
  The problem appears to be that someone hardcoded their IP addr instead
of letting DHCP assign it. This becomes problematic if DynIP's are
shuffled quite often. If you can, make sure that everyone is using DHCP
not going into TCP/IP properties and setting their addr. The main reason
people do this is to: access their box from home, run servers off of it.
HTH,
Harry