[techtalk] Getting a computer on a network.

Tania M. Morell Tania-Maria at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:07:41 EST 2000

Guys,

I'm trying to get my desktop computer at work (which
is connected with an ethernet card and has a static
ip) 'visible' from the outside (but not necessarily
outside our firewall.

I can't connect to it from other servers here, it's
natted, or whatever you call it.

I've been playing with ifconfig but have yet to read
those 2 chapters on ip and networking and really don't
know what I'm doing.

I would ask the guys around here but I'm tired of
talking to them today already... ;)

-T

=====
Tania Morell