[techtalk] irc client?

Rik Hemsley rik at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 21:29:44 EST 2000

#if Linda Gentile

> There is one?

There is.

> Could somebody please point me in the correct direction for finding one?

Hmm. IRC client wars...
I use tkirc. It's a front-end for ircii and is very simple to use.
It also seems to have zero bugs, though I'm sure someone's found one...
It hasn't been updated for months (years ?) - which is probably
because it doesn't need to be. It's basically perfect :)

Apart from it being simple to use and bug-free, it also works nicely
with TkStep, the NeXT-style hack of the Tk toolkit. This means it
fits nicely in my desktop, where everything has NeXT-style widgets
(KDE apps, GTK apps, Tk apps, Athena apps, Window Manager)

Oh, if you're into scripts for your irc client, you can do tcl scripting
plus you can use any scripts that work with ircii. Not that I've ever
been inclined.

> Latest Musings : "There's a Snake in my Boot!" (04 Feb)
> No Pain, No Gain (11 feb)
No pain, no fun, IMHO.

Rik

--