[techtalk] SuSE -> Mandrake?

Wendt,Andrew awendt at neo.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 15:06:24 EST 2000

>	I picked the /usr/X11R6/bin directory for my test. There were 384
[...snip...]
>What does it mean:  SSE had more files that were smaller, but overall
>SSE's total byte count was about 20-25% greater than MDK's.  Both were
>running V11.0 of X (as shown by xdpyinfo).

Just for your information, that version number isn't particularly useful for
comparing one X server to another. My xdpyinfo has a "vendor release number"
that is better for such things. I believe the 11 is the version number of the X
protocol, which has stayed the same for a quite a while and probably won't
change any time soon. It's the same 11 from that directory name you mentioned
above, X11R6.

TTFN
Andy