[techtalk] Fwd: Blondes???

Linda Walsh law at sgi.com
Wed Feb 16 11:23:24 EST 2000

Re: your Subject choice...
	This isn't meant as a criticism -- just using it to point
out an example about the environment we live in.

	"Blonde jokes" are based on a stereotype typically
applied only to women.  When
I talk about why equality is not possible in this environment, this
is an example.  Many of us have told and laughed at dumb blonde jokes,
I have as well -- and I'm blonde!  Of course it's interesting to note
that at least 8(out of 14), that I could see on the list were white
males.  Would everyone be happy with "dumb white male" jokes?  Somehow
I think many here would find that alot more challenging to take humorously
in the same way.

-l