[techtalk] career/family question

Cynthia Dale silly at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 13:20:02 EST 2000

Hey y'all  (:
Here's my plan:
I'm moving my mom in with me, and paying her a salary.  She already cleans
and cooks when she comes to my house, and right now, she is working as a
waitress, which is too hard for her at her age, and too stressful.  I
realize that not everyone gets along with their moms as well as I do, but
it would be wonderful to see a trend where we hire people who normally
experience age discrimination to do some of these jobs for us.  And it's a
huge problem in this country that we don't take care of our elderly, so
when the time comes that she needs my help, she'll be here already.  I
plan to build a "mother-in-law" house behind mine so that she'll have her
own space.  (:
Cindy

Cynthia J. Dale
Technical Engineer/FAQ maintainer