[techtalk] offtopic pc support job opening, please spread the word

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Tue Feb 15 23:25:53 EST 2000

Hi, sorry to be off topic.

My company has an opening for at least 2 pc support persons and I am disillusioned to hear that no women have applied so far.

The job is primarily NT/Windows/pc apps support, dealing with in-house clients and their pc upgrades or problems.  The PC Support group doesn't yet support linux, but hopefully will someday.

There are other OS's in use by our company: OSF, AIX, Linux, Solaris, Ultrix, FreeBSD...so there's room to move over to more unix-like support.  But currently the opening is definitely an NT/Windows kind of position.

If you know of anyone who'd like to apply and who'd be willing to consider Tucson as a homebase, please have them review the PC Support job posted under employment on www.sunquest.com and encourage them to apply.

Thanks, it'd be nice to see some women apply for the job(s).

Thanks for your patience,
Tamara