[techtalk] 1st time adding a modem to linux.

Tania M. Morell tania at shadow.net
Tue Feb 15 21:23:35 EST 2000

Hi again,

I read through all those sites you guys suggested I go to and found
this:
Incompatible modems include those that are
~Rockwell SoftK56

My modem is a K56 flex.
Bios tells me the modem's vendor number is 127A..  and an online PCI id
list I went to says that this vendor number implies that it's from
"Rockwell Semiconductor Systems".

And to top it off, here's something from a faq:
5. How about PCI modems? Are all PCI modems winmodems?
No, there are at least three controller-based PCI modems. If you are
curious, these modems are the Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI, the Actiontec
PCI56012 (IBM 33L4618), and the 3Com/USR 3CP5610.

Well, being the stubborn person that I am, I'll probably still keep on
trying to get this modem to run.

Does anyone know how to make linux store a copy of the boot messages?

--
    Tania Morell
  tania at shadow.net
www.shadow.net/~tania